August 13, 2007

BluBoy Daily: Suicide



bluboycomics


COMMENTARY:

This subject matter is an obvious topic to make its way into the BluBoy series and was only a matter time before it showed up...

I happened to be at a cemetery when this strip idea came to mind, not the character. My wife has been talking to me recently about an individual she knew growing up that has committed suicide. She just happened to stumble upon this persons grave in this cemetery. She later found out more about this persons death. I don't know all the details but it was bad. Normally I feel such pity for those I read about who take their own lives. Such a sad state of mind. But this story shocked me a little further. And also reminded me about those high school shootings. It made me think about what this spirit would be like, and what if they ran into Blu...

Some spirits in Blu's universe are simply too messed up for even BluBoy to tame. Suicide is not an evil spirit, but sits on the boarder of good and evil, which is why he is grey. Suicide not matter what or how it happens, the person causes enormous hurt to all those around. Even in the spirit world...

So if this really harsh. I don't mean it to be. Just maybe an eye opener... as with most of my comics...

SOUNDTRACK:
The Cure - To the sky Link

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.